Unique enclosure fasteners.
- 3/8-turn fasteners permit quick and easy assembly.
- Fasteners are captivated so they cannot be dropped or lost.
- Optional tamper-proof fastener plugs protect the unit from unauthorised alteration.
- Fastener appearance reveals whether “closed” (x) or “open” (+).
Enclosure sealing integrity.
- Gasket is permanently adhered to the enclosure cover so the gasket will never get dropped or lost.
- Enclosure fasteners are outside of the sealing area to ensure that the IP rating is not compromised by fastener holes.
Error-free electrical connections.
- Screw terminal strip is located in the base-box portion of the enclosure allowing for easy, one person installation – a clumsy, third hand is not needed.
- Acoustic driver electrically connects to the base-box through an integrated mechanical keyway 4 and multi-pin electrical connector 5 to ensure a proper assembly every time.
- No loose wires are present between the base-box and acoustic driver which could be pinched upon final assembly.
- A redundant set of electrical screw terminal Connections supports daisy-chaining of multiple devices.
- Knockouts are provided on multiple sides to support a variety of wiring and interconnection scenarios.
Numerous mounting options.
- Integrated external flange is stronger than mounting lugs.
- An assortment of internal pilot marks offer worldwide compatibility with a variety of standard electrical workboxes.
- Entire device can be wall mounted or panel mounted optional with finger guard.
- Acoustic module by itself can be flush mounted to an enclosure panel or door with optional panel mounting kit.
Vast selection of integrated tones.
- Choose from 80 different tones by DIP switch setting.
- Multiple tone stages permit the same device to emit up to four different alarms based on circumstance.
- Internal volume control.
Improved acoustic driver.
Sound capsule technology delivers more low frequency punch than piezoelectric elements for superior sound penetration through walls, doors, and other obstructions.
Extreme environment compatibility.
- NEMA type 4/4X and IP 66 rating survives exposure to dust, liquids, water spray, and corrosives.
- –40 to +55 °C temperature range.
- High strength housing is a blend of ABS and polycarbonate plastic that is flame retardant and UV stabilised.
Integral xenon flashing light.
Xenon flashing light is part of the original design inception, rather than a bolted on afterthought. As such, the light is more visible. Additionally, the light’s intensity is properly sized to match the coverage area of the associated sounder. 5, 10, and 15 Joule flash energies are available.
Xenon flashing light connections made from single terminal strip.
Pre-wired light connections are made at the terminal strip that is also the electrical connection point for the sounder. Since all connections are made from one common connection point, installation is quicker and easier.
Choice of alarm action – combined or separate.
The light can either be activated in conjunction with the sounder or separately from it. Separate operation is often desired to silence the sounder after a certain elapsed time while the light continues to flash.
Life span exceeds 8,000,000 flashes.
The superior technology behind Pfannenberg’s flashing lights permit an unrivalled life span of 8,000,000 flashes while retaining greater than 70 % light emission.
Worldwide certifications for universal
UL, cUL, CE, VdS, GL, EN 54-3.
* Installation kit necessary.
PATROL: New Sounder Generation
PATROL - The new generation of sounder/flashing light combinations by Pfannenberg GmbH
PATROL stands for Pfannenberg's Advanced Technology Range of Loudness. It provides a new line of sounder and sounder/lighting combination for industrial use.
Three dimensional innovation:
- SAFE: Virtually impossible to install wrongly
- EASY: Significantly shorter mounting and installation times
- ECONOMICAL: Extremely high acoustic efficiency and high penetration of acoustic obstacles reduce the amount of sounders required.