1. Data controller
The data controller in the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Pfannenberg Europe GmbH
Phone: +49 40 / 7 34 12 - 0
Fax: +49 40 / 7 34 12 - 101
2. Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer of the data controller can be contacted at:
Pfannenberg Europe GmbH
Datenschutzbeauftragter (Data Protection Officer)
3. Purposes and legal basis for the processing of personal data
We undertake to comply with all data protection requirements when handling the data of visitors to the website. We process data exclusively to the extent necessary and permitted under data protection law, in order to facilitate the visit to the website.
You can visit our website without providing personal information. If you use our website for information purposes only, we will not collect any personal data. The only exception to this is data that your browser transfers automatically in order to facilitate the visit to our website, and information that is transmitted to us by the cookies we use.
a. When calling up our website
When calling up the website, the following data are automatically transferred to us by your browser and temporarily stored by us in a log file; the data are recorded without your involvement, and deleted at the latest after 26 months, but anonymised after just one day by deleting the last three digits of the IP address:
- the IP address of the computer from which the request originates;
- the date and time of access;
- the name and URL of the file accessed;
- the website from which the access takes place;
- the operating system of your computer and which browser you use;
- the name of your internet access provider.
The collection and processing of these data takes place on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b and f GDPR. The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary in order to facilitate the delivery of the website to the computer of the user. To this end, the IP address of the user needs to be saved for the duration of the session. The anonymised storage in log files takes place in order to ensure the functionality of the website. The data is additionally used for optimising the website, and to ensure the security of our information technology systems (e.g. to protect against cyber attacks). These purposes also cover our legitimate interest in data processing under Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. These data are not collated with other data sources.
The temporary collection of the data for the provision of the website is absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. There is therefore no opt-out option. You can opt out of any further storage in our log files at any time.
b. Contact forms
We process those of your personal data provided by you (e.g. by contact form, telephone or email) for purposes of answering your inquiries and to conduct individual communication, where you request this. The disclosure of this data by the user takes place on an explicitly voluntary basis. Which data are collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the contact form. We thus use the data collected by us on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR in order to perform the services requested by you, and on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR for the purpose of customer care and market research (anonymised, internal analysis of the customer structure). Our legitimate interest consists in the needs-oriented structuring of our services and the pursuit of user and customer satisfaction.
The following notes inform you about the content of our newsletter, the registration and mailing process, and your right of withdrawal of consent. By signing up for our newsletter, you agree to receive it, and to the process described.
- Content of the newsletter: The possible contents of our newsletter can be seen from the registration form; fundamentally we will provide you with information and offers relating to products and trade fair dates.
- Double opt-in and logging: Signing up for our newsletter uses what is known as a “double opt-in” process. This means that after signing up, you will receive an email in which you are invited to confirm your registration. This confirmation is necessary, so that no one can sign up with other people’s email addresses. The registrations for the newsletter are logged, so that the registration process can be verified in accordance with the legal requirements. This includes storing the time and date of registration and confirmation, as well as the IP address. The changes to your data saved by the shipping service provider are likewise logged.
- Registration data: In order to sign up for the newsletter, it is sufficient for you to provide your contact data.
- If you have consented to the sending of the newsletter, we will use your personal data (e.g. name and email address) exclusively for sending you our regular newsletter.
- We will process your data for sending newsletters and for personalising the form of address, which takes place on the following legal basis:
- Where you have given your consent under Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a GDPR; and for implementing the newsletter subscription under Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR.
- Where you have provided us with your email address in connection with the purchase of products or services, or where we send you personalised advertising, to protect our legitimate interests under Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR, in conjunction with Art. 15 Para. 3 of the German Telemedia Act (TMG), and in conjunction with Art. 7 Para. 3 of the German Unfair Business Practices Act (UWG); our legitimate interest is based on our economic interest in conducting advertising measures and target group-oriented advertising.
- Termination/revocation – You can terminate the receipt of our newsletter at any time, i.e. withdraw your consent. A link to unsubscribe from the newsletter can be found at the end of every newsletter. We may save the unsubscribed email addresses for up to three years on the basis of our legitimate interest, before we will erase them for purposes of sending newsletters, so that we can provide evidence of the consent previously provided.
- The logging of the registration process takes place based on our legitimate interest under Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our interest is based on the use of a user-friendly and secure newsletter system, which both serves our business interests and corresponds to the expectations of the user, and which furthermore allows us to provide evidence of consent.
d. In the case of an application
On our website, you may apply for open job vacancies within the Pfannenberg Group. Your personal data, which you provide us with in the context of your application, will be stored by us on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b and c GDPR, exclusively for purposes of handling your application. We will treat your data as strictly confidential in accordance with the statutory provisions.
In particular, your application data will be transferred to that Group company to which you apply for employment via our website.
Your personal data will be accessible to the employees responsible for the application process. The application requires the provision of all of the data requested in mandatory fields. If you do not provide us with these data, you cannot apply to us.
If you do not request the erasure of your data, your data will be saved for a maximum of six months after the completion of the application process. If we wish to retain your application for longer because your profile could correspond to a vacancy that will only become available in future, we will ask for your permission in writing.
If following an application you are accepted for a position, your data will fundamentally be saved for the duration of the respective contractual relationship.
e. Registering on this website
You can register on our website in order to use its additional functions. We will use the data entered for this purpose on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR and Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR, exclusively for the purpose of providing the functions, offers and/or services that are made possible by registering. For important changes, such as in the scope of services or technically necessary changes, we will use the email address provided during registration in order to inform you. Our legitimate interest lies in the provision of exclusive and individual services and functions, and for the optimised user and customer connection.
f. Processing of customer and contract data
We collect, process and use personal data on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR, where these are necessary for the substantiation, structuring or amendment of the legal relationship (inventory data). We collect, process and use personal data regarding the use of our internet pages (usage data) on the same legal basis, where this is necessary in order to allow the user to access the service, or for invoicing the user. The details can be found in the respective quotations and contracts.
4. Disclosure of data to third parties / recipients of data
We fundamentally do not disclose your personal data to third parties. Where individual data are disclosed to third parties (e.g. EDP/IT service providers such as web hosts, newsletter service providers, CMS service providers), in particular on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b or f GDPR, these will naturally be treated as strictly confidential. We subject our service providers to the strict conditions of the GDPR, and they are permitted to use the data exclusively for the purposes specified. If you would like information about the specific service providers we currently use, we will be happy to provide you with a list upon request.
What are cookies and what are they used for?
These are small text files that are saved on your end device. Some of the cookies we use will be deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after you close your browser (“session cookies”). Other cookies will remain on your end device and allow us or our partner companies to recognise your browser next time you visit (persistent cookies).
You can change the settings in your browser so that you are informed about the placement of cookies and can decide individually whether to accept them, or to reject the acceptance of cookies in certain cases or in general. If you do not accept cookies, the functionality of our website may be restricted.
How can you change your cookie settings?
In the options/settings of your browser, you can determine for yourself which cookies should be saved on your end device.
In the following, you will find information on the commonest browsers, using the example of Internet Explorer. Further instructions can be found on the websites of the respective browser providers.
If you choose to permit cookies to be saved only for certain websites, and in this case for our website, please proceed as follows (e.g. with Internet Explorer):
- Select the “Extras” function from the menu bar at the top.
- In the submenu, select “Internet Options” and then “Privacy”.
- Now select “Sites” in the lower section.
- Then enter https://www.pfannenberg.com and click “Allow”.
- Finally, click “OK” to confirm.
If you do not wish cookies to be used, you can block their use in your browser. We cannot exclude the possibility that this will impair the functionality of our website.
6. Use of Google Analytics
On the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR, this website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, text files that are saved on your computer and which facilitate the analysis of your use of the website.
Information generated by the cookies on your use of this website are typically transmitted to a Google server in the USA and saved there. This website uses IP anonymisation, a process in which Google Analytics is involved via the code “anonymizeIp” (“analytics.js”) in order to ensure an anonymised collection of IP addresses (IP masking). Your IP address will therefore always be truncated within the member countries of the European Union, or in other member states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. On behalf of the provider, Google will use this information in order to analyse your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities, and to deliver further services to the provider in connection with the use of the website and the internet.
Our legitimate interests consist in our interest in the analysis, optimisation and economical operation of our website.
The data processed by Google will not be made accessible to other third parties without your written consent, unless this is required by a statutory order.
The IP address provided by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics will not be collated by Google with other data. You can prevent cookies from being stored by adjusting the corresponding setting in your browser; however, we remind you that this may mean you cannot make full use of all the functions of this website. Furthermore, you can opt out of the transmission of the data generated by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and prevent the processing of your data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available from the following: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As an alternative to the browser plugin, or in browsers on mobile devices, please click on the following link to install an opt-out cookie, which will in future prevent logging by Google Analytics within this website (such opt-out cookie will only work in this browser and only for this domain, so if you delete cookies in this browser, you will need to click the following link again):
Disable Google Analytics for www.pfannenberg.com
Further information can be found under www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html (general information on Google Analytics and data protection).
7. Social media and other integrated third-party providers
All of the services listed in the following are integrated on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest in the integration consists in the optimisation of the usability and of the services for the individual users of our website, and where appropriate for the networking of our marketing activities with the respective services of the respective providers.
If you do not wish for the respective providers to be able to collate the visit to our website with your user account with the respective provider, and also otherwise wish to prevent or at least restrict the collection of data by the individual providers, please log out of your respective user account.
Our website uses functions of the LinkedIn network. The provider is LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Each of our pages that contains functions from LinkedIn will create a link to the LinkedIn servers. LinkedIn will be informed that you have visited our internet pages using your IP address. If you click the “Recommend Button” of LinkedIn and are logged into your LinkedIn account, LinkedIn will be able to correlate your visit to our website with you and your user account. We hereby advise you that as the provider of these pages, we have no knowledge of the content of the data transferred, or of how they are used by LinkedIn.
Our website uses functions of the XING network. The provider is XING AG, Dammtorstraße 29-32, 20354 Hamburg, Germany. Each of our pages that contains functions from Xing creates a link to the Xing servers. As far as we are aware, no personal data are stored. In particular, no IP addresses are saved and user behaviour is not analysed.
Our website uses plugins of the YouTube website, which is operated by Google. The operator of that website is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. When you visit one of our pages equipped with a YouTube plugin, a connection is created to the YouTube servers. The YouTube server is notified which of our pages you visited.
If you are logged into your YouTube account, you will enable YouTube to assign your surfing behaviour directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
d. Use of Google Fonts
In order to integrate external fonts via Google Fonts, personal data of the customers of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, are made accessible. This website uses Google Fonts to integrate external fonts. Google makes the fonts available. When the customer accesses this website, the required fonts are loaded to the browser cache of the customer in order to display the text and fonts on the page correctly.
For this purpose, the customary data when accessing a website, in particular the IP address of the customer and the referrer URL, will be transmitted to a server belonging to Google Inc.
The personal data will not be made accessible to other third parties without the written consent of the customer, unless this is required by a statutory order.
A note regarding the aforementioned services of Google LL (and YouTube): If you have a Google account, you yourself can define the tracking data that are saved in your account. You can find this under Google -> Settings -> Personal info & privacy, section on Transparency and choices: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/#infochoices
8. Rights of the data subject
You have the following rights regarding those of your data that we process:
- the right of access to request information about those of your personal data saved by us under Art. 15 GDPR;
- where relevant, the right to rectification or completion of inaccurate or incomplete personal data saved by us under Art. 16 GDPR;
- the right to erasure of those of your personal data saved by us under Art. 17 GDPR;
- the right to restriction or blocking of processing of your personal data under Art. 18 GDPR;
- the right to data portability under Art. 20 GDPR;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data under Art. 21 GDPR;
- the right to withdraw any consent granted under Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority under Art. 77 GDPR.
If you have any further questions on the processing of your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of the rights at your disposal, you are welcome to contact us at any time using any of the available channels.
9. Right to object
Under Art. 21 GDPR, you have the right to submit an objection to the processing of your personal data, where this processing is based on a legitimate interest of us or a third party, provided that grounds exist that result from your particular situation, or where the objection relates to general or personalised direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which will be implemented by us without the need to specify a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right to object, please send us an email at email@example.com, or contact the data controller by another means (see section 1).
10. General duration of data storage
The general duration for which your data are stored depends on the purpose for which they are stored. Fundamentally, we will erase your personal data when we no longer require them for the purpose for which they were stored, unless erasure is prevented by statutory retention periods.
11. Data security
We have established technical and organisational security precautions in order to protect your data, in particular against loss, manipulation or unauthorised access. We regularly adapt our security precautions to ongoing technical developments.
12. Statutory or contractual regulations for the provision of data
You are obliged neither by law nor by any contract to provide us with your data. Please note, however, that the provision of some data is required in order that we can perform for you the services offered on our website. We require e.g. your IP address in order to display this website in your browser.
13. Automated decision-making
We do not use automated decision-making or profiling.
Version: October 2018